In my previous blog, we looked at how engaging content can position you as an expert and how it is one of the most effective means of building your business. If you missed out on our first two keys on how you can create amazing content then you can check it out here.
Now, we uncover 5 keys that will really make your content stand out:
1. You need to be analytical with your content. We now have the most amazing data available at our fingertips. Most platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube have a wide variety of data available that informs us whether our content is engaging or not. You may feel like your video was amazing and beautifully edited but the data may say otherwise. Data should drive the direction of your content.
2. Research your headlines and prioritise the time in getting this right. There is an abundance of information available and it is all clamouring to get people’s attention. The headline will largely determine whether someone invests their time in consuming the information. The headline should captivate the reader and compel them to absorb the content. There are a few things you can do to increase the likelihood of your headline being successful. Firstly, research popular articles and look for clues in how they have shaped their headlines. A great site for this is Buzzsumo. Secondly, you should be split testing headlines with your audience. Most e-mail software enables you to A/B split test. This enables the data to direct the most powerful headline.
3. Engaging content should transcend beyond the information and inspire your prospect to take action. This is where a ‘Call to Action’ plays an integral role. Most people ignore the value of including a call to action or have a weak offer that doesn’t materialise into leads or sales.
The call to action may be as simple as asking them to contribute to a conversation or asking them for feedback. You can deepen your relationship with your prospect the more interactive you make your content. The prospect feels empowered, recognised and appreciated.
Craig Ballantyne has a very simple and effective model for your ‘Call to Actions’:
- Tell people What they get. Ie. You will learn the 5 most effective lead generation strategies using social media in our free E-Book
- Tell people How to get it. Ie. Send me a DM with your e-mail and I will get that e-book across to you in a flash
- Tell people Why they should get it. Ie. This e-book will teach you how to generate consistent leads easily so you can have more clients and make more money. This offer will expire tonight so be quick.
4. Your passion and enthusiasm should shine through your content. I love consuming content from Gary Vaynerchuk and Grant Cardone because they ooze passion for their message. They may not be the most eloquent speakers or writers but their passion is infectious. You find yourself magnetised and hanging off every single word. Deliver your content with zeal and fire and people will be far more engaged.
5. Personalise your content. Not all your prospects are the same and therefore they shouldn’t all receive the same content. The content should be personalised to their wants, aspirations and needs. This is why it is important to define your market/s in depth.